Drive to Marangu Gate which is 1800 meters above sea level. Register and start the trekking to Mandara which is about 9 kilometers and 2700 meter above sea level. During the trekking you may be lucky to see black and white Colobus monkeys which are familiar in this rain forest. If you arrive early you can visit the Maundi Crater or pass there the following day on the way to Horombo.
Depart to Horombo after the breakfast. After a few minutes walking you finish the forest zone and start the moorland zone to Horombo which is 3700m.above sea level. Dinner and overnight at Horombo Hut.
This is an acclimatization day in Horombo Hut.
After an early breakfast you start trekking to Kibo Hut (4700m). You will pass Mawenzi ridge and saddle before arriving at this last hut to the top. Dinner and few hours sleep before the trekking start to the summit. First you reach Gillman’s point5,865m.) in five hours and later proceed to Uhuru Peak via Stella point. After taking picture of sunrise and view descend down back to Kibo for breakfast and rest.
Walk down to Horombo for the last night in Kilimanjaro. Dinner and overnight in Horombo.
After breakfast walk down to Marangu Gate to collect the Kilimanjaro Gilman’s and Uhuru peaks Certificate.
- All accommodations per itinerary
- All meals per itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All tours per itinerary
- All transportation and transfers per itinerary
- National Park gate fees
- Transport from Moshi to starting point on mountain and return to Moshi
- Hut or camping fees
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides for all routes
- Salaries for all crew members
- Rescue fees (as required by national park)
- All meals on the mountain
- Tents, foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment, and eating utensils
- Ox meters
- Two nights’ accommodations before and after trekking
Price does not include:
- International and domestic flights
- Meals not listed
- Personal expenses (visas, airport taxes, Internet, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters
- Sleeping bags and personal items
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation and meals in Moshi
- Personal expenses (visas, airport taxes, Internet, et
PRICE: Price per Person